Monday, April 30, 2007

Two Weeks, and Counting (OR: Ray is a cranky bitch)

An odd combonation of muscle relaxers and video games has really made me cranky at the particular moment. This is definitely not good.

How in hell do you tell someone politely that you're too crabby to talk on the phone? Lordy.

I've got two weeks left in this grand experiment called "Freshman year," and it's really getting to me. A lot of stress is piling up on me, and right now mankind is not something I want to deal with. I really oughta just go to bed, perhaps?

The end of a school year has never been good to me, but add in the role of me trying to maintain relationships here and at home, and get ready to leave and finish final projects....you get the picture. I'm normally not one to buckle under pressure, but I really think it's getting to me.

I know immediately I'm getting the phone calls of "are you okay?" and "Do you need my help?"

Truth is...no. I've made it through before. I'll make it through again. What will not kill me will make me strong.

I'm 19 now. I've been ovwer, and soon...I'm going to be twenty. I know it's not even a third of your life gone by, but things are speeding up more and more. Life is getting more hectic, and this is only the beginning. Once I get a slightly more legitimate job (i.e. a career instead of summers at the zoo) I'll be in knee deep.

I'm losing sleep. I'm getting insanely crabby. Lord oh lord, am I ever looking forward to summer.

No comments: