Thursday, November 1, 2007

A Random Thought Kinda Day (OR: My brain is slower than a beached whale)

Every once in a while, I become tremendously addicted to a song, usually a sugary pop song that perhaps I should or should not like. This time around, it's "Pull Shapes" by The Pipettes. I've been singing it in the car all day. If I had the windows down, it'd be embarassing.

I saw one of the most beautiful things I can ever remember seeing. We had a really beautiful sunrise (see, I normally observe sunsets...such are my days of late) whilst I was driving to school. Columbus gets so-so sunrises and sunsets, at least in comparison with Bowling Green. But this one was amazing...the clouds were scattered just perfectly across the sky. Downtown was still lit up from the overnight, but offices were already lit up. The contrast of the bold, intimidating skyline and the glorious sky was just...beyond words. Marvelous, to say the least.

My brain has been noticeably slower than my body today. This may just be a lack of sleep coming back to haunt me.

I ran into a friend from high school today, Nadia. We didn't talk with each other so much, we happened to end up going to the Coldplay concert in Cleveland over Spring Break. That's about it. But Jenn and I had time, and we all sat down for a chat. She's far more interesting and articulate than I remember. She's a beautiful girl, her mother from Mexico, her father from Palestine. She's been around the world, to places yet untouched by our culture. Not backwards, but less...American. There's really no way for me to put it, not knowing how it feels there. I have a bad habit of trying to form the conversation, but I felt compelled to just stay quiet and listen, and I walked to Spanish with a lot more filling my mind than translations of colors and large numbers.

Yet another long weekend of working ahead, though I might actually sleep all three nights. Sleep is Job One tomorrow, and I think it can be arranged.

No comments: