Saturday, October 20, 2007

Insert Title Here (OR: I've come to the realization that sometimes, my life is better in sporadic thoughts.)

This Ashley character is becoming the new Maddie. And Maddie is becoming...hell, I have no idea.

As I listen to the fuzzy sounds of "Faust" by Gorillaz, I find...DADGUMMIT SONOFABITCH THAT PART ALWAYS GETS ME. Now I feel like I should be tripping on something.

I had random bits of songs stuck in my head all day. The chorus from "The Drowning" by The Decemberists ("Go to sleep now, little ugly...) happened to pop up whilst I catnapped in Nestor Hall. Yeah, a part of a part of a song. Then I started singing "Kodachrome" on my way to Spanish. And washing dishes made me sing..."American Pie"? Welcome to the strange musical mind of Ray.

Work sucks. The people don't. I may be a worthless peon, but at least we're all peons united. Peons United...sounds like a lousy Scottish football club, doesn't it? I swear to god I just thought of that off the top of my head.

My computer will soon be replaced. I think it's catching wind of my intents, and is plotting against me. I maintain that I am in fact mentally stable.

Another example of the sometimes mundane existence of kitchen life: one of the best parts of tonight (aside from scoring the last 3:10 To Yuma poster in the joint) was finding a pair of dressing-holder dealies - the name eludes me. Anyway, I got to put my barbecue sauce and honey mustard in them at grill station, and it was deemed good.

Jake in Natural Science is now one of my favorite people. He's one of those unabashedly, knowingly stupid teenage guys, and I'm rooting for him on his quest to get with Red Headed Girl. We speak in codes and nicknames. It makes an otherwise lousy class an altogether attendance-worthy affair. That and our extra long breaks.

In that spirit, I felt the urge to be just a smidge immature after I got home:

KRSUTT18: why is ur name stoogeontheloose?
StoogeontheLoose: just kind of chose it one day
KRSUTT18: gotcha
StoogeontheLoose: it had assonance
StoogeontheLoose: hehe, i said ass

Me thinks it stems from Darby's 69-0 win.

So my life is crazy good. Mostly crazy. I actually fell asleep in public. That just don't happen. Though, giving credit where credit is due, those Nestor Hall couches are just so darned comfy.

I bought "Breakfast Machine" on iTunes. You know...the Pee Wee Herman song. Yeah. The one that drives everyone nuts.

My vision is deciding to stop focusing a few times. This is not so much an optical problem as one of (lack of) rest. But, mom, I'm only 20 minutes into The Crane Wife!

And so it continues...

No comments: