Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Beeeeezy (OR: I've got to admit...)

Finally. The upswing. It's been slow in coming, but I think the time is finally here. I've gained a little forward momentum in my life and stuff is starting to shape up.

For those of you not keeping tabs on everything I do (which is to say, those of you who have a life), a brief explanation of stuff since the speeding ticket blog.

As far as I can tell, I'm gonna stay on the insurance, much to my relief. Admittedly, I was panicking just a tad, but my concern was over the consequences of losing it as opposed to the actual dropping itself. Still, I'm driving, albeit for a few hundred bucks more.

Currently, I'm working two jobs, though I'm still a cook in both. I'd forgotten about the applications I put it while on the winding journey to employment, and had no pressing need for reminder. But Monday, whilst on the can...alright, there is such a thing as overpersonal blogging...I get a call from Movie Tavern. Can I come in for an interview?

Why not? At worst, I find out it's shittier than what I have, and I politely decline. Turns out, they need tons of help, and I was actually given a little extra in order to leave BDub's. As small as it sounds, it feels kind of cool to feel like you're needed that much.

I've since worked a full three days, and I'm quickly growing fond of my job. Not to say I'm gonna miss BW3's. Au contrare! Saturday morning...who'd a thought Saturday morning? ...made me miss it before I'd even left. We got the ga-hetoo musik blastin' and had ourselves a bitchin' good time. On the clock.

I finally did what I'd been talking about doing since summer began: I actually got to seeing people from Western. People here mostly meaning one Miss Hanna Goetz, but also included in the Big 71 Tour were Rachel, Adam, Christie and Erica. As always, good times and funanigans (that's a portmanteau of fun and shenanigans for our slower readers) were had. It certainly help speed up the process of getting the damned summer over with.

All in all, I'd say the summer of 2007 has been a bit of a bummer. No one I know's really had much of a good time, what with the introduction of serious responsibility. But can we not have, like, a week or two of unbridled joy and delight?

Like a Cubs fan in September: Wait till next year.

No comments: